Any rail subject, photographed at any time, qualifies for the contest. The only limitation is that the image must be composed in a horizontal format. The judges are strongly influenced by images that show creativity. This is not to discourage "traditional" photography, but composition, lighting, and a unique perspective will play a large role in who judges view the shot.
1. Each photographer can submit up to ten (10) photos. One one prize is awarded per entrant.
2. Mounted color transparencies (slides) and digital images can be entered. Sorry, no prints.
3. Your name must appear legible on each slide mount or CD. Slides should be placed in a plastic slide page. CD's must be accompanied with reference prints that are at least 3x5".
4. Include your name, address, daytime phone number, and email address in your cover letter.
5. Include caption information keyed to each photo. Images with insufficient caption information will be disqualified.
6. The minimum physical dimension for digital files is 3000 pixels across (as with all files, "bigger is better"). For reference, the trim size of the centerspread is 16x10.875". Files must be saved as JPG or TIF.
7. Slide entries must include return postage. CD's will not be returned without sufficient postage. Do not include contest entries with other correspondence, as it will not be opened until it is time to judge the contest.
8. Make sure your photos are packed well and the outside envelope is clearly marked CENTERSPREAD CONTEST. Mail your entries to:
2012 Centerspread Contest
c/o Railfan & Railroad
108 Phil Hardin Road
Newton, NJ 07860
9. All entries must be received no later than September 24, 2012.